This week I discuss destructive cults, Scientology and cult recovery with Dr. Natalie Feinblatt, an LA-based psychotherapist and cult recovery specialist. Questions we cover:
1. What ex-cult members have you had come across your plate? Differences and similarities between them?
2. What do you think causes people to join destructive cults or seek out such groups?
3. What have you found to be the best advice to give to family and friends of cult members?
4. Every case is different, but what have you found to help the most in recovery, on average?
5. Does everyone who has been in a cult situation need counselling? What would you say is the determining factor(s) in this?
Natalie’s website is here.